Wednesday, 3 August 2011

March 10th 2011

     One sunny day in March, I was in school with my classmates, writing on our blogs in the computer lab. Just as our teacher was announcing a new topic, one of my classmates screamed, "The building is moving!" None of us felt the shaking for about a few seconds. But suddenly, it felt as if I was on a boat that was in a storm. Before I knew what was happening, keyboards started to fall down. "Duck and cover!" our teacher shouted over the deafening noise. Everyone quickly went under their desks. There were screaming as our teacher tried to keep everyone calm. Then, as quickly as it had started, the shaking ended.

     An announcement came over the PA system. Our principal told everyone that there had been an earthquake, and since a tsunami could reach our school (our school was right next to the sea), everybody on the first floor should quickly evacuate to higher floors. Everyone else was to stay under desks.

     After the announcement, there was complete silence except for a few sniffling coming from kids who had been crying from fright.  Then, a babble of talk broke out. "What happened?"
"Earthquake?" "What!" But, everyone grew silent as the ground started shaking. Even though it wasn't as strong as the last one, it was still really frightening.
    
     We were sent back to our homes. My mom came to pick me and my brother up. She was really worried. When we arrived home, we could see that our neighbors had opened their doors, so that they could escape if the earthquake happened again.

     This is basically what I had felt during the Sendai Earthquake on March 10th, 2011. Yes, it wasn't that frightening, but it still came as a great shock to me. I hope nothing like this happens ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment